To set up your MTV email with a Windows 8 device follow the steps outlined below.
Log in to Mail, open the Charms bar and choose Settings.
From the Charms bar, choose Accounts.
Select: Add an account.
Select: Other Account from the list.
Select: Show more details and complete the details as follows
• Email address: Your email address
• Username: Your email address
• Password: The password you entered for your email address
• Incoming (IMAP) email server: mail.xxxxxxxxx .com
• Port: 143
• Incoming server requires SSL: untick box
• Outgoing (SMTP) email server: mail.xxxxxxxxx .com
PLEASE NOTE: Replace the "xxxxxxxxx" with the name of your email address, for example starfleet.com.
• Port: 587. Port numbers are determined by your ISP so if, after setup, you receive a message that mail cannot be sent try with port number 25, 2525, or 2526
• Outgoing server requires SSL: untick
• Outgoing server requires authentication; Tick box
• Use the same username and password to send and receive email: Tick box
Click Connect to continue and your email address is ready to use