To set up your email address on Outlook follow the steps below:
- Open Outlook. If the Microsoft Outlook Startup wizard appears, on the first page of the wizard, click Next. Then, on the E-mail Accounts page, click Next to set up an email account.
If the Microsoft Outlook Startup wizard doesn't appear, on the Outlook toolbar, click the File tab. Then, just above the Account Settings button, click Add Account.
- Click Manually configure server settings or additional server types, and then click Next.
- On the Choose Service page, select Internet E-mail, and then click Next.
- Provide the following information on the Internet E-mail Settings page.
Under User Information:
- In the Your Name box, enter the name you want users to see when you send email from this account.
- In the E-mail Address box, enter your email address.
Under Server Information:
- Under Account Type, select POP3 or IMAP.
- In the Incoming mail server box, enter the POP or IMAP server name.
- In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) box, enter the SMTP server name.
PLEASE NOTE: Replace the "xxxxxxxxx" with the name of your email address, for example starfleet.com.
YES, both the incoming and outgoing mail server names are the same.
Under Logon Information:
- In the User Name box, enter your full email address.
- In the Password box, enter your password. If you want Outlook to remember your password, make sure the check box next to Remember password is selected.
- At the bottom of the page, click More Settings, and then fill in the Internet E-Mail Settings dialog box as follows:
On the Outgoing Server tab, select My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
On the Advanced tab:
- If you're using POP3 and you want to keep a copy of your messages on the server, under Delivery, click Leave a copy of messages on the server. If you don't select this option, all messages will be removed from the server and stored locally on your computer.
- On the Add New Account page, click Next. After Outlook tests your account, click Close to close the Test Account Settings dialog box.
- On the Congratulations page, click Finish.
- On the Account Settings page, click Close.
And that's it! Your email address should be set up and working.
If you have any problems, please do carefully check all the settings in Outlook. A simple mistype can mean your email won't work.
And, if you're still having problems, then just Submit a Ticket and one of our support team will help you.